December 10, 2017 / 0 comments / 136 views / Tags: Condo Winterization, HOA winterization, landlord tips, property management tips, Winterizing / Category: Articles & Tips, Landlord/Tenant
Are You Ready for Cold Weather?
Winter preparation starts now if you haven’t already. Cold and wet conditions not only make you miserable, but they can damage your home. Some winterizing can wait, some can’t. Make a list of what needs to be done, and tackle the time-sensitive tasks first. Here’s a simple checklist to help you get a jump on winter.
- Examine doors and replace weather-stripping as needed.
- Examine window caulking and reseal where needed.
- Examine and repair vents where needed.
- Clean chimneys and flues.
- Remove items near heat vents.
- Place nonskid runners or door mats outside to help keep water, sand and salt out of the house.
- Cut back tree branches and shrubs that hide signs or block light.
- Examine outdoor handrails and tighten if needed.
- Turn off electrical breakers for outdoor equipment.
- Close hose bibs.
- Clean out gutters and downspouts.
- Clear yard drains.
- Spray outdoor locks and hinges with lubricant.
- Stake driveway and walkway edges that may be difficult to find under deep snow.
Assemble, stockpile or refresh winter supplies:
- Candles and matches
- Ice melt and deicer
- Snow shovels
- Generator fuel
For more tips, click here!